Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Homeless, wet dogs need a place to dry off also. What's the big deal?


People, you just can't make this stuff up. My friends make fun that "everything happens to me". It's so true. I'm a magnet for odd and random freakiness.


Case in point: This incident happened years ago but still has me cracking up so I thought I'd share with my loyal 5 followers. ;)


Let me set the scene for you. It is a rainy work day in Florida. Not just a typical rainy day - it's one of those sideways, downpouring deluges of rain. (You Florida people know what I'm talking about). I'm dressed in my proper, professional clothing appropriate for the underpaid, business position I worked at the time. At lunch time I make a pit stop at 7-11, leaving my car unlocked in the rush to get inside the store and stay as dry as possible.

I pick up my items and as I'm running back to my car I stop dead in my tracks oblivious to the rain. In my car are 2 filthy and soaking wet (big) dogs jumping from the back to the front to the back again in a demented frenzy stopping every few seconds to shake the filthy water off their mangy bodies. I incredulously look around and there are a couple other empty cars in the lot and 2 homeless men seeking shelter under the overhang of the store. I ask them if these are their dogs and they say "No". I am now drenched myself and I go back into the store and ask everyone in there if they own the dogs in my car. Negatives all around and some looks of "Who's the crazy, wet lady?"

I go back out and finally get the homeless men to admit they put the dogs in my car because they felt bad they were so wet. I scream at them to get their damn dogs out of my car! I think they were scared of me because they actually jumped up and did as I instructed.

I then proceed to squish down into my sopping wet, cloth-covered seat and gag on the wet dog smell and mess in my car. I now have to work the remainder of my day smelling like wet dog and looking homeless myself in my ratty, wet clothes.

Needless to say it was a very long time before my coworkers let me live that one down.
Lock your cars people. Crazy people live among us.

5 comments:

  1. Now, that's just plain wrong! Stupid homeless people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl in TexasMarch 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM

    Maybe I should be thankful I don't get to hang out with you more since you are a "magnet for odd and random freakiness." Nah....I'd still rather experience it with you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I never knew this! So freakin' funny! Not at the time, I am quite sure, but...wow! Yeah, you DO have freaky things happen..but, wow, yup that's it, just wow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew this! That's hysterical! I'm sure it wasn't at the time but it's really funny to read it. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I walked out to my car and saw that.

    ReplyDelete