Sunday, April 4, 2010

Be careful what you wish for....


I'll admit it...I'm not a huge football fan. Shocker! I know. I will say though having moved back to the NE, you don't really have an option of being a fan of the Eagles in my town, or at least do a good job of "faking it" (i.e. when everyone cheers - I cheer. When everyone gets pissed - I get pissed. My "go to" line at this point is "Can you BELIEVE that crap?", sometimes I get mixed up and when everyone cheers I throw in a "Can you BELIEVE that crap?" at the most inopportune time.) I truly believe three quarters of the people think I'm retarded or at a minimum "slow".
Usually my sister & her hubby or someone else in the neighborhood will host the games and it is done so with everyone donning Jerseys, hats, necklaces, do-rags, etc - served up with all the typical game chow - chips & dips, pretzels, shrimp, pizza, beer, blender drinks, soda - served on/in Eagles plates/cups & serving platters. Philly does not play when it comes to their football, people!


At every single game I watched last year over someone's home, Donovan McNabb was screamed, cursed & hissed to. One time I think I even heard a "Your momma!" thrown in for good measure.


Well, he's gone. I have no idea what that means for the future of the Eagles. I'm not even sure what position he played? Center? Goalie? I go for the people, food & beer and half the time I don't even use one of those fancy Eagle emblazoned plates - I go early and stake my claim to a spot closest to the grub.
Gimme a "E"!
Gimme a "A"!
Gimme a "G"!
Gimme a "L"!
Oh hell, who am I kidding?
Gimme a "BEER"!

3 comments:

  1. Should be interesting, considering the Iggles sent McNabb to Washington ... a team they play twice a year ... GULP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football with you would actually be fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.

    ReplyDelete